Master Word of Mouth Marketing With This Fun, Practical, Hands-on Guide
This is the book that will teach you how to use word of mouth marketing to make your company more profitable, how to spend less on marketing, and how to make your customers happier.
- It’s the simple, back-pocket, straightforward-but-not-for-dummies guide to word of mouth marketing.
- It isn’t a textbook. It’ll get you started with word of mouth marketing immediately.
- It is a quick, practical tool for any size business. I wrote it as much for the owner of a restaurant as for a big-company marketing executive.
Who Is Talking About You?
With straightforward advice and humor, marketing expert Andy Sernovitz will show you how the world’s most respected and profitable companies get their best customers for free through the power of word of mouth.
Learn the five essential steps that make word of mouth work and everything you need to get started using them. Understand the real purpose of blogs, communities, viral email, evangelists, and buzz — when to use them and how simple it is to make them work.
Learn what sparks the irrepressible enthusiasm of Apple and TiVo fans. Understand why everyone is talking about a certain restaurant, car, band, or dry cleaner — and why other businesses and products are ignored. Discover why some products become huge successes without a penny of promotion — and why some multi-million-dollar advertising campaigns fail to get noticed.
What Will You Learn?
- 3 Reasons People Talk About You
- 4 Rules of Word of Mouth Marketing
- 5 Ts of Word of Mouth Marketing
- 6 Big Ideas: Deep Stuff That Changes Marketing Forever
How You Can Use Word of Mouth Marketing – The Five Ts in Action
- Talkers: Who Will Tell Their Friends About You?
- Topics: What Will They Talk About?
- Tools: How Can You Help the Message Travel?
- Taking Part: When Should You Join the Conversation?
- Tracking: What Are People Saying About You?
More Good Stuff
- Seth Godin wrote the Foreword. Read his books and his blog!
- Guy Kawasaki wrote the Afterword. Read his books and his blog!
- The Word of Mouth Marketing Manifesto
- Sixteen Sure-Thing, Must-Do, Awfully Easy Word of Mouth Marketing Techniques
A Lesson in Ethics
Word of mouth marketing isn’t deception. It’s the opposite.
Open your eyes to a new way of doing business. You’ll see that honest marketing makes more money, because customers who trust you will talk about you. Learn how to be the remarkable company that people want to share with their friends.